On July 12th 2022, we started the Horizon Europe project “Waste2BioComp” with a virtual kick-off meeting. Together with our 12 partners from research and industry, we are going to develop over the next 36 months bio-based polyesters from biomass waste streams and apply them in packaging, textiles and shoes. The project aims to demonstrate relevant scale production of bio-based products and materials as alternatives to replace traditional materials with high environmental footprints, using innovative manufacturing technologies. The project integrates all stages in the bio-based products life cycles, starting from R&D activities regarding the sourcing of feedstock for the development of bio-based precursors and intermediate materials, smart inkjet printing techniques and smart manufacturing technologies. Within the project “Waste2BioComp”, sustainability and toxicity assessments of the resulting materials and products will be developed, as well as remanufacturing and recycling, to ensure circularity by closing the material loop.
We are looking forward to a fruitful collaboration with our partners from France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Switzerland, creating sustainable solutions to close the loop.
- Centro Tecnologico das Industrias Textil e do Vestuario de Portugal (PT) Coordinator
- Leibniz-Institut für Verbundwerkstoffe (DE)
- NESC TEC - Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Tecnologia e Ciencia (PT)
- Hochschule Kaiserslautern (HKL)
- Universidade da Coruna (ES)
- MAGELLAN – Associacao para a Representacao dos Interesses Portugueses no Exterior (PT)
- MTEX New Solution SA (PT)
- NIXKA (FR)
- PILI (FR)
- Propagroup SPA (IT)
- Nora systems GmbH (DE)
- Riopele – Têxteis, SA (PT)
- GR3N SAGL (CH)
Budget: €5.8 Mio.
Duration: 36 months
Funding: Horizon Europe project no. 101058654